Here are just a few ideas on how to help improve community nutrition:
- Set up a community garden where families can grow their own fresh produce.
- Encourage schools to host healthy bake sales.
- Conduct nutrition assessments on local restaurants or grocery stores. Share results with the managers to show customers want healthy food choices.
- Collaborate with local restaurants to provide nutrition information on menu items.
- Find community co-ops near you to bring farm-grown produce to your table.
- Partner with local media to showcase community nutrition opportunities.
- Connect schools with local farmers to provide fresh, locally grown fruits and vegetables.
- Shop at farmers markets for fresh, locally grown foods.