Shape Your Future and Metro Family have partnered to host the 2022 Healthy Kids Cooking Contest. It’s important for kids to learn how to choose healthy options at a young age to form positive habits for a lifetime. What better way than to create their own masterpiece filled with healthy ingredients? Let the most delicious, nutritious recipe win!
Kids ages 14 and under are encouraged to submit their own original recipes. Recipes will be judged on taste, creativity, originality and healthy ingredients. Fruits, veggies, lean protein, whole grains and low fat dairy are sure to make their dish outstanding. The winner will receive four tickets to the Science Museum Oklahoma, four tickets to the OKC Zoo and a feature in the September issue of Metro Family. All recipes must be submitted before June 30th.
Age group: 14 years of age or younger
- All submissions must include the participant’s name and parent’s name, phone number, email address and zip code.
- All submissions must include a copy of the recipe (ingredients and instructions) and a picture of the contestant with his/her completed dish.
- Recipes must be original. Any recipe that is taken from a website, chef or cookbook will be disqualified (Kraft, allrecipes.com, etc.).
- The submitted recipe must be a main dish or entrée.
- All contestants must use fruits OR vegetables in their recipe. At least one type of fruit or vegetable must be included.
- Any recipes that contain broth, spices or sauces must use reduced-sodium options.
- Any recipes that contain dairy or sauces must use reduced-fat options.
- Any recipes that contain pasta or bread must use whole grain or whole wheat products.
- Any recipes that contain rice must use brown rice.