1. Coat slow cooker with spray. Add oats, flax, water, milk, pumpkin, vanilla, spices and salt to slow cooker. Stir until well-combined.
2. Cook on low for 6 – 8 hours.
3. Stir oats and divide into bowls. Add a splash of milk if it is too thick.
4. If using, top with raisins, walnuts and wheat germ.
5. Allow leftover oatmeal to cool. Refrigerate in a sealed container for up to a week. Reheat oatmeal on the stovetop or in the microwave before serving.
For extra sweetness, lightly drizzle maple syrup. Try your favorite dried fruits instead of raisins, like apricots or apples.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Slow cooker/Crockpot, measuring cups, measuring spoons, stirring utensil