2 mild green chiles, diced (or one 4-ounce can mild green chilies)
2 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob (or about 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons cumin (optional)
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 medium zucchini, diced
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped (optional)
1. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add canola oil and heat until simmering.
3. Add chiles and cook 2-3 minutes or until slightly softened.
4. Add corn, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes or until corn is tender.
5. Add cumin (if using). Cook 1-2 minutes.
6. Add tomatoes and zucchini and cook until zucchini is tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
7. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro (if using).
Swap lemon or lime juice for vinegar; add cumin, dried oregano and/or ground coriander; use different colors of bell pepper or other mild chiles or hotter chiles like jalapeño; add fresh or frozen corn kernels; add sliced green onion; add chopped cilantro, parsley, or basil.