How to pick the safest, freshest food at the grocery store:
- Do not purchase bruised or damaged produce.
- Only purchase pre-cut produce items that are refrigerated or surrounded by ice.
- When grocery shopping, put refrigerated items in your cart last.
- Bag fresh produce separately from meat, poultry and seafood products during checkout.
- When purchasing eggs, make sure they are clean and free of cracks.
- Always check expiration dates.
Click the links below to find other important food safety tips to protect you and your family.