Tips to prevent the spread of foodborne illness in your kitchen:
- Before handling food, wash hands with hot, soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash hands after using the bathroom, changing diapers or touching pets.
- Wash hands, utensils and cutting boards before and after contact with raw meat, poultry, seafood and eggs. Use hot, soapy water.
- Rinse fresh fruits and vegetables under running tap water.
- With canned goods, clean lids before opening.
- Use paper towels to clean up kitchen surfaces. If you use cloth towels, wash them often in the hot cycle of the washing machine.
Click the links below to find other important food safety tips to protect you and your family.