Dairy plays a vital role in the health of adults and children. For children, consuming dairy daily builds bone mass as they grow and develop. For adults, dairy helps maintain healthy bones, reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
When selecting dairy products, choose ones low in saturated fat and cholesterol. Low fat dairy provides the same amount of calcium and other essential nutrients, but with fewer calories and fat.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF DAIRY
- High in calcium (improves bone and teeth health)
- High in potassium (protects cells from damage)
- High in vitamin D (builds and maintains bones)
- Low fat (or fat-free) milk
- Low fat cheeses (cheddar, mozzarella, Swiss, Parmesan)
- Low fat yogurt
Find a variety of delicious, nutritious dishes on our recipes page.