Sign up for our monthly email!
Whole grains do a whole lot of good for your body. Packed with fiber, they help lower cholesterol and keep your heart healthy, plus they make you feel fuller with fewer calories. Whole grains are also rich with folate, or folic acid, a B vitamin fundamental to a healthy pregnancy.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF WHOLE GRAINS
- High in fiber (lowers cholesterol)
- High in B vitamins (keeps cells and nervous system healthy)
- High in folate/folic acid (helps form red blood cells, prevents birth defects during pregnancy)
- High in selenium (strengthens immune system)
- High in iron (carries oxygen in the blood)
- High in magnesium (helps with bone health)
- Brown rice
- Rolled oats
- Whole-grain bread
- Whole-grain crackers
- Whole-grain pasta
- Whole-grain buns and rolls
- Whole-grain tortillas
- Wild rice
Find a variety of delicious, nutritious dishes on our recipes page.