If cooler weather is driving you inside, physical activity may seem out of the question. But with these indoor tips, you can keep your family moving and your health on track:
ACTIVITIES FOR EVERYONE
- Rearrange the furniture
- Lifting weights
- Visit a roller skating rink
- Turn on some music and dance
- Exercise at a local school, church or gym
- Walk around the mall
- Visit a museum
- Do jumping jacks or run in place while you watch TV
ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
- Build an obstacle course with couch cushions, pillows, etc.
- Make chores fun by seeing how fast you can clean the house, or sing and dance while folding laundry
- Climb the stairs
- Tape yarn in between hallways and try to ninja your way through them
Remember, always warm up before you start in order to avoid injury.