WANT EVEN MORE HEALTHY IDEAS FROM SHAPE YOUR FUTURE?
Summer is finally here. It’s time to get outside and have some fun in the sun. How about a family BBQ? It’s a great way to spend quality time together, enjoy great food and even squeeze in some exercise.
We’ve cooked up a list of great BBQ recipes that are healthy, delicious and easy to make. Pick your favorite or try them all!
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders
- BBQ Grilled Chicken
- Tangy Coleslaw
- Whole Wheat Pasta Salad
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Blueberry Orange Infused Water
Find more amazing recipes.
While you’re busy being the grill master, keep the kids busy with some fun physical activities! We know summers in Oklahoma can be unbearably hot, but don’t sweat it. These activities range from active to fairly chill.
Here are some BBQ activity ideas:
- Bag Toss! Let your kids test their aim!
- Frisbee! Timelessly fun!
- Soccer: Set up a mini World Cup tournament in your backyard!
- Badminton: Do you have a future Olympian in the family?
- Wiffle Ball: Swing for the fences!
- Bubbles: Kids love bubbles. They’re a blast to blow, chase and pop.
- Hula Hoops: Looking for an aerobic activity the kids will enjoy? Give hula hoops a whirl!
- Water Balloon Fight: When it’s this hot, nobody loses!
Click here to download the BBQ Activity Sheet for more ideas.