Ready for some healthy competition? The deadline is March 22!
Shape Your Future and Tulsa Kids have partnered to host the Healthy Kids Cooking Contest. It is important that kids learn to choose healthy options at a young age to create positive habits for a lifetime. What better way than to create their own masterpiece filled with key healthy ingredients. Let the most delicious, nutritious recipe win.
Kids 14 and younger are encouraged to submit their own original recipes. Fruits, veggies, lean protein, whole grains, and low fat dairy are sure to make your dish outstanding. Recipes will be judged based on taste, creativity, originality and healthful ingredients. The winner will be announced in the Tulsa Kids May issue with a featured story and photo. Just be sure to submit your recipe before March 22nd.
Age group: 14 years of age or younger
Rules for Healthy Recipe Submissions
- Participants must be 14 years old or under and a resident of Tulsa County or within a 25-mile radius of Tulsa County.
- All submissions must include the participant’s name and parent’s name, phone number, email address and zip code.
- All submissions must include a copy of the recipe (ingredients and instructions) and a picture of the contestant with his/her completed dish.
- Recipes must be original. Any recipe that is taken from a website, chef or cookbook will be disqualified (Kraft, allrecipes.com, etc.).
- The submitted recipe must be a main dish or entrée.
- All contestants must use fruits OR vegetables in their recipe. At least one type of fruit or vegetable must be included.
- Any recipes that contain broth, spices or sauces must use reduced-sodium options.
- Any recipes that contain dairy or sauces must use reduced-fat options.
- Any recipes that contain pasta or bread must use whole grain or whole wheat products.
- Any recipes that contain rice must use brown rice.