1. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. Rinse eggplants well then slice in half lengthwise. Lightly spray and place cut side down on prepared pan.
3. Roast eggplant about 40 minutes. Eggplant skin should be sunken, and flesh should be very soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
4. Scoop out the flesh into a medium bowl and discard the skin. Add lemon juice, tahini, oil, salt and cumin. Stir vigorously until ingredients are well incorporated and no chunks of eggplant remain. You can also use a fork to mash larger chunks. Add additional lemon juice to taste, if needed.
5. Stir in parsley and sprinkle with paprika.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Baking sheet, knife, measuring spoons, measuring cups, spoon, medium bowl, fork
Try with pita wedges, carrot sticks, bell pepper wedges, cucumber slices, etc. Instead of roasting in the oven, try grilling the eggplant for traditional smoky flavor.