Sign up for our monthly email!
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add squash and apples. Cook until beginning to brown, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add onions and garlic. Sauté until onions turn translucent.
4. Add water, chickpeas, salt and pepper. Cook, scraping up any browned bits, until liquid has mostly evaporated, 3-5 minutes.
5. Stir in torn kale and cook 2-4 minutes or until kale is bright green and beginning to get tender (or until desired texture is achieved).
6. Divide mixture into 4 servings and serve immediately.
Note: Refrigerate leftover portions for later in the week.
Sub pumpkin or sweet potatoes for butternut squash, sub other fruit for apple. Add fresh or dried herbs, dried fruit like raisins, dried apricots or dried cranberries, or chopped nuts such as pecans, walnuts, or almonds. Sub other types of canned beans.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Knife, cutting board, sauté pan, spoon/spatula, grater, peeler