1. Pre-heat oven to 500˚F.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté 1/2 tablespoon oil and veggies until veggies are lightly browned and fragrant (optional).
3. Lightly rub oil on medium or large sturdy baking dish and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, water, rest of oil and salt until lumps are gone.
5. Remove dish from oven and place sautéed veggies (if using) in bottom of hot dish before pouring batter on top.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Cooking times may vary based on oven size and temperature.
7. Slightly open the oven door and bake for another 6-8 minutes allowing humidity to vent.
8. Remove pan from oven when top of frittata is golden brown.
9. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Measuring spoons, measuring cups, sturdy baking dish, medium bowl, whisk, oven, skillet
For a thinner and crispier version, use a larger pan. For a creamy and thicker version, use a 9-inch or smaller pan and adjust cooking times accordingly.