1 head shredded cabbage (preferably napa but green cabbage also works)
2 teaspoons Sriracha (optional)
1 large lime, cut into 4 wedges
1. Remove tofu from package. Wrap it in paper towels (or a tea towel) and press between two plates or sheet pans weighted with a slightly heavy object (ex. a few cans or a bag of flour). Drain for at least 30 minutes or up to a few hours.
2. Remove tofu from towels.
3. Heat a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add canola oil and heat until shimmering.
4. Cook tofu for 3 – 4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and repeat on other side. Remove tofu from pan.
5. Slice tofu into cubes. Set aside.
6. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan or soup pot, combine water and stock. Bring to a boil. Add ramen (just the noodles) and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Stir in ramen seasoning packet, edamame, mushrooms, carrots, cabbage and Sriracha. Cook another 2 – 4 minutes.
8. Serve with lime wedges.
*Try other proteins like grilled chicken or beef instead of tofu. Top with jalapeño, green onion or cilantro.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Paper towels or tea towel, skillet, cutting board, knife, saucepan