Sign up for our monthly email!
1. Place kale in a large mixing bowl with zest, juice and salt.
2. Using clean hands, massage kale until it loses some volume and turns bright green.
3. Stir in oil and fruit. Mix well.
4. Cover salad with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 30 minutes to several hours to allow flavors to develop before serving.
5. Core apple and cut into smaller pieces.
6. Place apple, onion, vinegar, honey, mustard, oil, kosher salt and yeast into blender and pulse until smooth. Or, grate apple and onion before whisking ingredients in bowl.
7. Toss salad in vinaigrette and serve.
Instead of cranberries, use other dried fruit like cherries, apricots or raisins.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Grater/zester, knife, measuring spoons, measuring cups, medium bowl, plastic wrap, blender or whisk