Sign up for our monthly email!
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. Spray muffin cups with non-stick spray or use oil. Set aside.
3. Soak the bran buds in boiling water. Let stand to cool.
4. Make flax “eggs” by whisking together 2 tbsp. flax meal with 6 tsp. water.
5. In a large bowl, combine milk, oil and sugar. Mix in the “eggs.”
6. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
7. Add bran mixture and stir to combine. (Don’t overmix or muffins will be tough.)
8 Fold in the diced dates.
9. Fill the prepared muffin pan evenly.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes. At the 20-minute mark. insert a toothpick into the middle of a muffin. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
11. Let muffins cool, then enjoy!