3 1/2 cups blueberries, blackberries, peaches, cherries or another fruit
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup brown sugar, plus 1/2 cup for topping
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup chopped pecans, almonds or walnuts
1/2 cup almond flour/meal (or oat flour)
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Spray an 8-inch baking dish. Add fruit to dish along with vanilla, 1/3 cup brown sugar and cornstarch. Mix well and set aside. Reserve 1/2 cup brown sugar for topping.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, use a fork to stir together remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar, oats, chopped nuts, almond flour (or oat flour), canola oil, cinnamon and salt. Use fork to break up any chunks of flour. Make sure oil is evenly distributed.
4. Sprinkle crumble topping over fruit.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until topping has begun to brown and fruit is bubbly around the edges.
6. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.