1. Remove tofu from packaging and wrap it in several paper towels. Place wrapped tofu on a plate and place another plate on top. Drain tofu for at least 30 minutes and up to several hours, changing the paper towels 2 – 3 times.
2. Whisk garlic, Sriracha, soy sauce, honey and rice vinegar together in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Cut tofu into cubes. Dust tofu with cornstarch until all sides are coated.
4. Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil and then tofu cubes. Fry on each side for 3 – 5 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Add whisked sauce and stir until tofu cubes are coated. Cook for another 3 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from heat. Toss with sesame oil and sesame seeds.
7. Serve with sliced green onions if desired.
*Try other proteins like grilled chicken, beef or shrimp instead of tofu.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Knife, cutting board, plates, mixing bowls, whisk, large saucepan, tongs, fork