Sign up for our monthly email!
1. Choose a pineapple that is golden yellow at the base and slightly soft when squeezed. If you can only find very firm, green pineapple, let it ripen for a few days on your counter.
2. Scrub pineapple well under running water. Pat dry with towel.
3. Place pineapple on its side. Cut about 1/2 inch off the bottom and 1-2 inches from the top, below the green “crown.” Discard top and bottom cuts.
4. Stand pineapple on its end and cut thin slices from the sides to remove the tough skin. Try to cut off the large brown “eyes” as you cut.
5. Slice the pineapple down the middle, from top to bottom. Lay each half cut side down and cut in half again.
6. At this point, you should have 4 pieces. Stand each one on its end and cut out the core by slicing from top to bottom.
7. Cut the 4 pieces of pineapple into chunks or slices. Serve or refrigerate.
Make pineapple infused water with the core! Just add it to a bottle or a glass of water for a tropical twist.