1. Remove core from tomatoes.
2. Dice and place tomatoes (including juice) in a large serving bowl.
3. Stir in minced garlic, basil strips, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
4. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and set aside for at least an hour for the best flavor — no refrigeration necessary.
5. Cook pasta as directed. Once it is cooked and drained but still hot, add to tomato mixture. Toss well and serve immediately.
For fresh tomatoes, sub a 28-ounce can of petite diced tomatoes, drained. For fresh basil, try 1-2 teaspoons dried basil or Italian herb blend. For wine vinegar, sub apple cider vinegar. For pasta, try a different noodle shape, zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Knife, cutting board, mixing/serving bowl, saucepan, strainer, tongs/spoon