1. In a large bowl, stir together carrot juice or puree, ricotta, baking powder, eggs, cheeses, zest, salt and pepper. Mix in 1 cup of flour.
2. Place remaining 1/2 cup flour in a separate bowl. Using a tablespoon, scoop dough into rounds and transfer to flour bowl. Lightly press down into each round with tinges of a fork.
3. In medium skillet on medium-high heat, add butter, garlic oil, chopped garlic, shallots and kale. Working in batches, cook gnocchi in large pot of simmering salted water 1-2 minutes after gnocchi floats to the surface (about 2 minutes).
4. Transfer desired amount of gnocchi to vegetable skillet. Add two large spoonfuls of pasta water and one large spoonful of pesto. Cook until sauce is reduced. Transfer gnocchi to a plate and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Tip: Gnocchi dough can be prepared up to 6 hours in advance.
Cover and refrigerate until needed.
1. Place everything into a blender and blend until fairly smooth.
2. Season with salt and pepper.