1. Preheat oven to 400 ̊F.
2. If using fresh okra, rinse well, cut off stem end and cut remainder of pod into 1/2” pieces. If using frozen, do not thaw.
3. In a medium bowl, toss okra with salt and pepper
4. Add yogurt to okra and toss to coat. Thin with a bit of water if needed.
5. Add a couple of handfuls of coarsely ground cornmeal and gently stir to coat. Add more cornmeal as needed to coat.
6. Spray a sheet pan with pan spray (olive or canola) and add okra to pan.
7. Spray okra well with more pan spray.
8. Bake for 20 minutes.
9. Toss and stir okra, spray well again, and return to oven for 15-20 minutes.
10. If it’s not brown enough, broil it for a couple of minutes until it’s golden brown.
11. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
The cooked okra would also be delicious with a sprinkle of chili powder and/or ground cumin and a squeeze of lime or lemon or splash of apple cider or red wine vinegar.