1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Finely chop 1 tbsp. parsley, sage and 2 stalks thyme and place in a medium bowl with 3 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp. salt and 1 tbsp. pepper.
3. Thoroughly rub mixture under chicken skin and rub remaining mixture on outside of skin. To get under the skin, lift skin at neck.
4. Insert half onion (cut into large pieces), lemon, 2 stalks thyme and garlic cloves into cavity of chicken.
5. With baker’s twine, securely tie the legs of the chicken, wrapping around the body and under wings to keep chicken closed while baking (see video on our YouTube channel for visual aid).
6. Bake for 1 hour, until meat thermometer placed near chicken leg reads 165°F. Make sure thermometer doesn’t touch any bone.
7. Meanwhile, place red potatoes in salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Then, add sweet potato and carrots. Boil for an additional 7 minutes.
8. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to a medium-high heated skillet. Add remaining cooked vegetables, 2 stalks of thyme, 2 tbsp. chopped parsley and remaining half onion, chopped. Cook for 3 mins.
9. Transfer juices from cooked chicken into medium-high heated skillet, with flour, 2 stalks thyme, heavy cream and onion from chicken, diced. Whisk until thick and season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Serve chicken and veggies topped with gravy and remaining chopped parsley.
Can use dry herbs instead of fresh herbs for chicken seasoning. For extra flavor, insert cubes of butter underneath chicken skin before cooking.