Sign up for our monthly email!
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Line sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
3. Using a knife and cutting board, trim the dried brown root end from onion, as well as a bit of the stem. Avoid cutting too much root from the onion so it won’t fall apart.
4. Cut the onion in half lengthwise, through the stem end. Then cut each half in half again to make 4 pieces. Peel off the papery and/or shriveled skin.
5. Place trimmed and peeled onions on sheet pan, drizzle with oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Roast for 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the onions. Flip onions about halfway through cooking time.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Knife, measuring spoons, cutting board, sheet pan or roasting pan, foil or parchment paper
Drizzle with balsamic, apple cider or red wine vinegar. Well-roasted onions are sweet and caramelized and should be deep, dark brown on the edges.