Sign up for our monthly email!
1. Add canola oil to sauté pan over medium heat.
2. Add onions and cook while stirring for about 2 minutes, or until onion is translucent (clear).
3. Add garlic and stir until fragrant.
4. Add collard greens and cook until the greens have become soft, around 8 minutes.
5. Add soy sauce, smoked paprika and black pepper. Toss with greens and serve warm.
Try greens that are bright in color. These are less bitter than greens that are starting to dull or turn yellow. The more you cook the greens, the softer they become, which also reduces bitterness.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Sauté pan (or skillet), stirring utensil, knife, measuring spoons