Sign up for our monthly email!
1. Trim tough ends from asparagus and discard. Cut tips from asparagus spears and set aside. Cut remaining spears into 1/4” pieces and set all asparagus aside.
2. In a large saucepan or soup pot, heat oil over medium high heat until shimmering. Add onion, celery, garlic, mushrooms and salt. Cook until onions are translucent, and the other veggies are fragrant.
3. Add veggie stock, canned beans (with liquid) and lemon zest. Cook for 10-12 minutes at a lazy bubble until vegetables are tender.
4. Add peas and asparagus and cook 2-4 minutes or until asparagus is bright green.
5. Serve immediately while vegetables are still green.
6. Divide sliced radishes among bowls of soup.
7. Garnish with parsley, mint and squeezes of fresh lemon.
Garnish with parsley, sliced radishes, mint, and generous squeezes of fresh lemon.