Sign up for our monthly email!
1. Shred sweet potatoes on a box grater or electric food processor.
2. Place sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with cornstarch until shreds are fully coated.
3. Heat oil a medium skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
4. Add a scoop of sweet potato to oiled skillet.
5. Flatten each latke with a spatula and cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
6. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
7. Repeat with rest of potato shreds.
8. Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt and serve immediately.*
Serve with applesauce.
*If not serving immediately, hold in 250°F oven on a wire rack until ready to serve.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Box grater, knife, cutting board, sauté pan/frying pan, sheet pan, spoon/spatula/tongs, mixing bowl
Try yellow or white flesh potatoes and shredded onions for a more traditional latke.
Tags: Holiday Sides