Sign up for our monthly email!
1. Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat then add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and jalapeño. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper and chili flakes and sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
2. Add tomato paste, stirring while cooking for approximately 2 minutes.
3. Add chickpeas, broth, water and sweet potato. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover the pot partially and cook at a simmer for 20-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
4. Stir peanut butter and greens into soup. Partially cover pot again and continue cooking for another 10 minutes, stirring often.
5. Distribute the stew evenly among eight bowls and squeeze a lime wedge into each bowl. Garnish as desired with chopped peanuts and/or cilantro.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Measuring spoons, measuring cups, knife, large soup pot with lid
For more spice, leave some of the jalapeño seeds.