Sign up for our monthly email!
1. To press tofu, wrap tofu in 2 layers of paper towels and place between 2 plates or sheet pans weighted with cans of food or bag of flour, etc. Change paper towels 3 times during pressing. Set aside.
2. In a medium sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Sauté mushrooms. Then add onions and garlic and cook until onion is translucent. Add red peppers and kale. Sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Season with pepper.
4. Meanwhile, place tofu, turmeric and nutritional yeast in a bowl. Use a fork to break it apart so the consistency resembles scrambled eggs and turmeric is well distributed.
5. Add tofu to vegetable mixture and heat through.
6. Stir in beans and parsley. Remove from heat.
7. Serve on whole grain toast, wrapped in a burrito, or just like you would serve scrambled eggs.
8. Add sliced tomatoes and avocado on the side.
Try other beans, such as pinto or cannellini.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Paper towels, sauté pan, cutting board, knife, stirring utensil, mixing bowl, fork