1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray 9” oven-safe baking dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle oiled pan with 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs. Set aside.
2. Leave eggplant unpeeled. Cut about an inch off both ends and discard. Cut eggplant in half. Cut into strips, then cubes. Set aside.
3. In a medium-large sauté pan or skillet, add olive oil and heat over medium heat until it shimmers. When oil is hot, add eggplant, onion, salt and pepper, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes. When vegetables begin to soften, add garlic and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes. Stir in herbs. Remove from heat.
4. Transfer eggplant mixture to baking dish. Layer zucchini, yellow squash and tomato.
5. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs and nutritional yeast.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes or until zucchini/squash is tender.
7. Serve and enjoy.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Knife, 9” oven-safe baking dish or pie pan, measuring spoons, measuring cups, sauté pan or skillet, stirring utensil