Sign up for our monthly email!
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Remove stem from zucchini then slice lengthwise. Using a spoon or small scoop, scoop out enough zucchini flesh to make a large well. Try not to pierce any holes in the zucchini. Place zucchini “boats” on a sheet pan or in an oven-safe baking dish and lightly spray zucchini. Set aside. Do not discard zucchini flesh.
3. Chop the scooped-out zucchini flesh into small pieces and set aside.
4. In a medium sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. When oil is hot, add half of the mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add remaining mushrooms and garlic and cook 3-4 more minutes.
5. Stir in chopped zucchini flesh and bell pepper. Continue cooking until vegetables are tender and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs. Remove from heat.
6. Fill zucchini boats with vegetable mixture.
7. Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs, then nutritional yeast.
8. Bake about 20 minutes or until zucchini boats have softened and breadcrumbs begin to brown. Serve hot or warm.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Knife, spoon or small scoop, measuring spoons, measuring cups, sheet pan or oven-safe baking dish, sauté pan or skillet, stirring utensil