Worksite nutrition programs are a great way to improve Oklahoma’s health. Healthier employees not only feel better, they typically have fewer sick days, reduced healthcare costs, increased productivity and better morale.
Employees can improve eating habits on their own with healthy meal planning. But employers can also help by creating environments that support healthy lifestyles.
Here are just a few examples to make your workplace healthier:
- Offer healthy snacks in vending machines.
- Post nutritional information in break areas.
- Provide on-site weight management programs.
- Offer discounts to local gyms.
- Provide access to a farmers market.
- Offer healthy foods at business-sponsored meetings.
Another idea? Sharing these easy, healthy lunch recipes with your employees.
Keep your energy up at work with a healthy lunch. Check out tons of healthy lunch options today!