Sign up for our monthly email!
JASMINE MORAN CHILDREN’S MUSEUM -INTERACTIVE EXHIBITS AND MORE
The Jasmine Moran Children’s Museum in Seminole, Oklahoma, is a hub for healthy behavior. Not only do they have fun, interactive exhibits for kids (and a 23-acre outdoor play area!), they provide healthy activities and food options for employees, too! Healthier employees result in fewer sick days and, more importantly, a more energetic workforce. Healthy behavior. It’s good for business.
The importance of physical activity in the workplace is immense — for employees and employers. Healthy employees are happier, more productive and take fewer sick days. For employers, that means more efficiency, more profitability and a better work environment — helping attract new employees and even more business!
Worksite wellness programs are a great way to improve the health of Oklahoma’s workforce. By implementing policies and practices that promote healthy habits, employers can enhance the health of their employees and their business.
Tips to promote an active lifestyle in the workplace:
- Encourage employees to walk more and take the stairs.
- Supply resistance bands for some moderate activity.
- Start a wellness committee or a walking group.
- Allow flexible work and lunch schedules.
- Encourage employees to take lunch break workouts.
- Select worksites near walking trails and fitness centers.
- Inspire employees to park farther away at work to add some extra steps to their day.
- Instead of calling a coworker, have employees walk to their desk and talk in person.
- Replace coffee breaks with walks. Take your coffee with you.
- Stretch at your desk. Take short breaks to extend your arms and legs.
- Tell employees to keep some comfortable clothes and a pair of walking or running shoes in the car and at the office.
For more activity ideas, check out these Office and Workplace Activities.