Just because you’re at work doesn’t mean your health should take the day off. Follow these tips on how to stay active in the workplace.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Every stair is a step toward a healthier life.
- Park further away at work and add some extra steps to your day.
- Instead of calling a coworker, walk to their desk and talk in person.
- Replace your coffee break with a walk. Take your coffee with you.
- Stretch at your desk. Take short breaks to extend your arms and legs.
- Use resistance bands at your desk. There are a variety of exercises you can do with them.
- Get on your feet. Take a lap around the office, flex your legs or rotate your ankles at your desk.
- Keep some comfortable clothes and a pair of walking or running shoes in the car and at the office.