Father and Son Cheers to Drink More Water While Out to Eat

The benefits of drinking water are endless. Not only is water the best way to quench your thirst, it has zero sugar and zero calories, helping you maintain a healthy weight. You can make it an easier option at home by placing ready-to-go containers of cold water in the fridge. For young kids, place non-breakable containers on lower shelves for easier access. Check out some other ways water benefits you below.

HOW MUCH WATER DO YOU NEED?

While daily water intake recommendations vary with age and gender, as well as several other factors like health and activity levels, the recommendations below provide a solid basis as to how much water you need each day. Remember, drink more water on hot days and while physically active, too.

Expand to see how much water you should be drinking each day

Adult males 10-11 cups (84 oz., or about 7 glasses)
Adult females 7 cups (56 oz., or about 4-5 glasses)
All children 1-3 3 cups (24 oz., or about 2 glasses)
All children 4-8 4 cups (32 oz., or about 2-3 glasses)
Boys 9-13 6-7 cups (52 oz., or about 4-5 glasses)
Girls 9-13 5-6 cups (44 oz., or about 3-4 glasses)
Boys 14-18 9 cups (72 oz., or about 6 glasses)
Girls 14-18 6-7 cups (52 oz., or about 4-5 glasses)
Note: About 20% of your daily water intake comes from food. The numbers above represent the other 80% of your daily water intake needs. One glass is equivalent to 12 ounces.

HEALTH BENEFITS

  • Helps you maintain a healthy weight.
  • Helps with digestion.
  • Prevents constipation.
  • Keeps you hydrated.
  • Prevents headaches, fatigue and poor concentration.
  • Improves kidney health.
  • Improves joint health.

OTHER BENEFITS

  • Helps boost energy levels and uplift moods.
  • Saves money. When dining out, water is free at nearly every restaurant!
  • It’s always available, even in foods. About 20% of our daily water intake comes from food, especially fruits and veggies. Click here to check out some ways to fill half your plate with fruits and veggies.