WANT EVEN MORE HEALTHY IDEAS FROM SHAPE YOUR FUTURE?
As an educator, there’s a lot more on your plate than just breakfast or lunch — but if you skip a meal, you’ll be running on fumes until the last bell rings. Here are a handful of ideas you can either make ahead or whip up in a hurry and easily eat on lunch duty.
7 Ways To Put the “Fast” in “Breakfast”
- Overnight Oats
- Make several jars at once, then store them in the fridge for up to five days to enjoy on busy mornings.
- Smoothie Packs
- Prep the packs beforehand so you can drop the contents into your blender on the go!
- Whole Grain Toast, 2 Ways
- Peanut butter + banana
- Half an avocado + an egg
- Make-Ahead Egg Bites
- Microwaveable Egg Scrambler
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars + Greek Yogurt
- Make your own granola bars ahead of time or grab a store-bought option that’s low in sugar!
8 Lunches You Can Eat in a Time Crunch
Sometimes, it’s impossible to even find an available microwave at school. Luckily, these healthy, tasty lunches taste great at any temperature!
“Snacks” for Lunch
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Whip up your hummus ahead of time (or buy some at the grocery store), then pair it with veggies or whole wheat pita bread.
- Healthy Lunch Packs
- Mix and match your favorite lean meats, cheeses, fruits, veggies and crackers and call it “charcuterie for one!”
Mason Jar Salads
Prep and refrigerate these salads in mason jars overnight so they’re easy to grab on your way out. Pro tip: Leave dressings and sauces on the side so your veggies don’t get soggy!
- Turkey Taco Salad
- Chickpea Salad
- Chicken Salad Salad
- (Yes, you read that right!)
- Whole Wheat Pasta Salad
- Ramen Teriyaki Bowl + Veggies
- Turkey Burger Bowl
If you’re overwhelmed by just the thought of meal prep, remember that healthy food will provide the energy you need for juggling everything else. It can be challenging to balance your workload with self-care, but hopefully these recipes can help!